• Overview – All diets are fortified with Vitamin A, a range of strong natural antioxidants, taurine and include a selection of seasonal fruit & vegetables to promote healthy eyesight. Your dog’s eyes require a healthy supply of natural antioxidants to protect against free radicals and reduce age related disorders.
• Vitamin A – the active in Vitamin A, retinol, is an essential component for normal healthy vision through its support of the retina. Vitamin A is found in high amounts in kale, spinach, and carrots as carotenoids and beta-carotenes.
• In addition, kale contains lutein and zeaxanthin which are yellow carotenoid antioxidants known as macular pigments. These two antioxidants may protect against eye diseases such as macular degeneration.
• Taurine – an amino acid found in high concentrations in the eye. It can support eye health by combatting oxidative stress and age-related vision loss.
• Vitamin E – is a group of fat-soluble antioxidants known as tocopherols, that protect the body cells from harmful oxidation, free radicals and support the immune system.
• Vitamin C – Your dog’s eyes require high amounts of antioxidants — more so than many other organs. Vitamin C is recognised as providing support against age related eye diseases including macular degeneration and cataracts.
• Zinc – your dog’s eyes contain high levels of zinc. Zinc is a part of many essential enzymes, including superoxide dismutase, which functions as an antioxidant. Zinc is also involved in melanin metabolism, which is an important protection pigment in the eye.
• Includes natural ingredients to help improve memory in dog’s through the ingredients of DHA and essential fatty acids.
• Omega-3 fatty acids such as DHA (Dosahexaenoic Acid) help build membranes around each cell in the body, including the brain cells. They can, therefore, improve the structure of brain cells called neurons.
• Cranberries and Blueberries contain flavonoid antioxidants. Research suggests that these may make the berries good food for the brain. Antioxidants help by reducing oxidative stress. The antioxidants in berries include anthocyanin, caffeic acid, catechin, and quercetin.
• Kale and other leafy greens contain glucosinulates, which have been shown to promote good brain health and function.
• Vitamin E or tocopherols are strong natural antioxidants which can ease oxidative stress in brain cells, particularly in ageing.
• Choline – a vitamin like nutrient, choline is the brain’s messenger and has an important role in memory function.
• B Vitamins – Vitamin B6, B12 and Folic Acid, have been shown to support memory in their role to assist in prevention of brain shrinkage and cognitive decline.
• Phoenix includes several probiotics and prebiotics to help with digestion in your dog’s body.
• Probiotics are live bacteria that are naturally found in your dog’s gut, supplements and some foods.
• Prebiotics are natural food sources for probiotic bacteria. A supply of good quality prebiotics will help to build and maintain a health microflora.
• The gut is your dog’s gastrointestinal tract. It starts at the mouth and includes the stomach, small and large intestines. This is where food is digested (broken down) and essential nutrients are absorbed into the body.
• To help do its job (digestion and absorption), the gut contains trillions of micro-organisms including a variety of species of bacteria. These ‘bugs’ are known as the gut microflora, or microbiota, and live together like an ecosystem. A healthy gut ecosystem must be balanced for healthy beneficial microflora versus pathogenic bacteria.
• Dogs are limited in the digestion of complex starches, so Phoenix includes a blend of enzymes to assist in starch breakdown.
skin & coat
• A combination of natural oils and proteins to promote healthy skin & coat.
• Protein – essential amino acids for skin and coat maintenance. Coat and skin are composed primarily of protein, and a diet rich in protein allows the skin and coat to stay properly replenished as the animal grows and sheds.
• An optimum ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids has been shown to keep skin cells and cell membranes plump and healthy, protecting the coat from excessive damage and to support an overall healthy skin and coat.
• Minerals – Zinc is essential to support healthy proteins and fat metabolism, and copper is necessary to produce the pigments in your pet’s coat to keep it flexible and lush. Zinc also plays an important role in wound healing.
• Vitamin E – Helps to protect skin cells from oxidative damage.
• Biotin – Helps your dog to utilise protein and fatty acids.
• Vitamin B2 – Riboflavin plays an important role in fat and protein metabolism which are important in maintain a healthy, functioning skin and coat.
Nutrition & Wellbeing
• Phoenix provides optimum nutrition at super-premium levels.
• Phoenix has been fortified with:
1. a blend of organic trace minerals including copper, manganese, selenium and zinc to improve biological availability, digestion and absorption of these vital minerals.
2. Essential vitamins at premium nutritional levels
3. Probiotics and prebiotics to promote good gut health. A healthy, well-functioning gut environment will ensure optimum uptake of all essential nutrients.
• Optimum nutrition provides the correct blend of essential nutrients including amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and trace minerals, in a highly biologically available source
• Optimum nutrition and good digestive health in turn leads to overall health and wellbeing.
• Phoenix has a blend of natural antioxidants to help assist in joint and muscle movement.
• Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant that can assist with joint health and is essential for the body to make collagen. Collagen is an important part of the cartilage that protects the ends of bones in joints.
• Omega 3 fatty acids, in particular EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid), helps the body to absorb calcium which is vital for healthy bones, teeth and general joint health.
• Vitamin D has a strong and vital role in calcium absorption which supports strong bones. Vitamin D also plays an important metabolic role in maintaining healthy muscles.